Wednesday, December 5, 2012

VMware View Building a Successful Virtual Desktop

I am happy to say the book release of VMware View: Building a Successful Virtual Desktop was officially launched on December the 4rth.  It is an interesting process writing a book and I can honestly say I have learned a great deal over the last year.  I consider myself extremely lucky to have had the privilege of working with my team. From the initial acceptance of the project by Joan Murray, the Editor/Program Manager with Pearson, and her support throughout the process, and the tireless efforts of Eleanor “Ellie” Bru, my Primary technical editor, I am deeply grateful.

I also had great support from my two technical content reviewers: Stephane Asselin and Shawn Tooley. Stephane was a direct contributor to Chapter 5 and offered his expertise in all matters related to VMware View. Stephane is a leading expert in VMware View working with VMware. Shawn Tooley is a published author himself, and his suggestions greatly contributed to the polish of this book. I also want to thank Seth Kerney, who worked hard to put this book together.

I would also like to thank everyone for their feedback and support in the community.  I had the opportunity to discuss the project with Mike Laverick, who needs no introduction because of his extensive contributions. He offered many words of wisdom based on his broad experience which helped refine our approach. 

1 comment: